(Source: Google). Did you know that 39% of smart phone owners use their phone while going to the bathroom?
Become the #1 game changer and get a mobile friendly web site.
You can test your website using the GoMometer by Google. From there you can see if you have broken links, if you can read the text without zooming or scrolling, if links can be clicked with a thumb or if you can search for something easily.
Is it affordable? Let me ask you, can you afford to wait while your competitors beat you to the punch?
A few key points that are important while getting one are the following:
- Keep it quick: Prioritize content, compress images as mobile users are short on time.
- Simplify navigation: minimize scrolling and keep it vertical
- Be thumb friendly: use large, centered buttons and give them extra space to reduce accidental clicks
- Make it accessible: use HTML5- Apple brought flash down with its excess non flash compatible iPhone/iPad sales.
- Make it easy to convert: reduce the transaction steps, use click to call functionality.
- Make it local: Include maps.
- Use mobile site directs: give users the choice to navigate to and from your desktop site
- Use Analytics: it is always important to research your insights to learn how people use your site.